Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Cipralex and Topamax Adventure Continues

I thought that this evening would be a good night to perhaps update on the Cipralex and Topamax adventure. As I started the two drugs together I thought that I would speak to some of the side effects that I was experiencing together in one space, as I am not sure what is related to what drug. As of this week I am taking 15 mg of Cipralex a day and 75 mg of Topamax a day. I take it all at once in the evenings.

So, on to some of the side effects that have over taken my life these days:
  • Sleep - I am tired all the time. It is the oddest thing. I can have a serious nap, not a cat nap, but a serious 2 hour nap, any time of day. All I have to do is put on my eye mask and lie down and I am out. It is the kind of sleep that you have in the middle of the night. Its crazy.
  • Concentration - My concentration is off, by a lot. This is quite difficult to deal with. I have been learning to deal with it. Things like changing my work location, working deadlines etc. So far so good.
  • Periods - My period has really increased in intensity. I went off the pill about a year ago with these migraines as I thought there might be some correlation to them and thought that this might be my imagination, until I read that one of the side effects of the Topomax could be this. Makes perfect sense.
  • Appetite and thirst - It is the oddest thing, but I am not thirsty. I used to drink 6-7 litres of water a day and now I am finding it hard to remember to drink any. I find it really interesting. I also find that my appetite, is terribly weird in that I am hungry, but I never really know what I want to eat and I never really want to eat a lot. No complaints here. My stomach also never seems to be very happy.
  • Nauseous - I feel in general in the mornings like I am very nauseous. I have always felt slightly off in the morning, but this is worse. Eating a banana or a Luna bar and lots of water has been helping to quell it.
  • Tingling - I have had some random tingling, very rarely, in my fingers and toes. Probably once a week for a few minutes do I notice that they feel a bit tingly.
  • Headaches/Migraines - A couple of the migraines that I have had in the last month have been particularly violent and intense. Very painful and a new type of painful. I wonder if it is a new type of super migraine as I am not getting all of the other daily ones that I used to get all the time. Not sure. I'm seeing the neurologist in 6 weeks so we will see what he has to say.

Not so bad for feeling better, I would say. I have to up my Topamax again once again to 100 mg, and then hopefully it will start to even out a bit much.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails