Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Monday, August 18, 2008

Learning to love my curls


With all this humidity, I am starting to have a love affair with my curls. My name is Stephanie and I have curly hair. I have been fighting it for my whole life. I will admit it, when I was little my mother got me a perm to try and control it. I will tell you that it is not the pretty, curly controlled hair - The type of Grace from "Will and Grace" curl hair is a dream that I do not have. I have the curly hair that is never-no-what-is-going-to-happen-sort-of-ringlets-frizzy-straight-not-sure-what-is-going-to-happen-kind-of-hair-more-crazy-than-pretty-kind-of-hair.


This weather however has turned it into Kate Hudson hair. Its just like Kate Hudson. Gone into the back of my drawer (ok, only on the weekends) is my hairdryer and straightener, but it is fabulous. I am kind of really enjoying it. I wore it out last night and people loved it. I am struggling how to manage it a bit better in this summer weather, but I am getting there. I also bought some lovely ionic hot rollers for the first time in 20 years and these have been fabulous. They help the curl develop a bit if they are a bit too frizzy and unruly. I did find a book in a book store that I flipped through called Curl Talk: Everything You Need to Know to Love and Care for Your Curly, Kinky, Wavy, or Frizzy Hair. I don't want to buy it. looks like it is a bit of a waste of money, but I may have to go and have another look at it today and see what else I can learn to encourage these new Kate Hudson-esque curls........


Its all very freeing really. Throwing the hairdryer in the cupboard has been wonderful!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails