Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Fall Harvest Trip to the Canal Road Farmers Market

I visited my favourite Farmer's Market today in Ontario today, the Canal Streeet Market.  They do not sell anything but veggies and fruit (occasionally flowers) but it is all from the local feilds that surround the market, known as the Holland Marsh.  The land is some of the most fertile in the country and the veggies are amazing.  I didn't need anything, but managed to leave with a bushel of roma tomatoes that are currently in the oven roasting with 3 heads of garlic, 2 pints of concord graps (because I love them), 5 1st of the season cortland apples and some radishes.  All delightfully yummy!

Really my biggest question after a visit to a market like this, is how on earth can we not comitt to eating more locally and supporting our local farmers?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails