Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Friday, January 21, 2011

Friendships/Relationships and the Shiksa

My new job is at a Temple (synagogue) in Toronto.  I worked here previously when I was a management consultant and loved it.  I felt an kinship to the Jewish faith and discovered that I felt more at home in a sanctuary of a Shul than I have ever felt in a church.  I attend services when I am available on a Saturday morning and feel that I want to, and even par take in High Holy Day festivities including Rosh Hashanah and Yon Kippur. 

The running joke with my family and friends has been for a while, "so, when are you going to meet a nice Jewish boy and convert?" and that seems to be the question for me also.  Although I have made so many wonderful friends at the Temple, I have not met any single men. 

The question also probes the question of conversion: To convert or not? Especially if I feel so comfortable within the walls of the Jewish faith.  I was chatting with a friend about conversion yesterday and expressed that I felt conversion without a partner would be very lonely. I could not convert and have Christmas dinner with my family for instance.  I would feel like that would be disrespectful to a faith that I had chosen (Judaism).  But converting to Judaism for someone (a partner) would be a whole different kettle of fish.  There would be someone to walk through life with, celebrate life cycle events with, holidays etc.  I cannot explain it, but it would be an easier journey and not so alienating or lonely.

So yesterday, under the persuasion of my assistant and a new friend, I joined jDate, the online Jewish dating service.  I made it clear that I was not Jewish but willing and looking to convert.  We shall see.  I have never done any online dating and it was terrifying to hit "OK" when I was at the end of submitting my information, including a picture.  I don't know, maybe good things will come from this.  I am searching for my "bashert" or "perfect match" as they say in Yiddish.  Hopefully he is out there somewhere.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails