Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Monday, October 29, 2007

Psychoanalysis - The beginning of the begining

I've been working with a Life Coach for close to two years now and I love her. She has really helped me to focus on my life and goals and manage all of the difficult people in my life. We have spent some time looking at why I am the way that I am etc. but nothing too in-depth. I have always thought of it as different from therapy as it does not intend on focusing on the past, but rather acknowledges the past and focuses on moving on with the future.

Anyway, about 6 months ago, I slumped into a state of depression (I go in and out, have since I was 18 yrs old. Nothing too serious, however still not totally mentally healthy.). Life Coach of course noticed instantly when I was in a funk for a while and asked me if I was ok. I told her no and that I needed to do something about it (It always takes about 6 weeks of really being down for me to come to that realization. You think that I would know by now and recognize it earlier!!). So LC told me that she thought that I should go on some drugs (agreed) and that I should consider working with her for the next year as she works towards her Psychoanalyst designation. I really like her, we already have the trust and I think that this is her calling. After much deliberation and also understanding of how it would work. LC works with a mentor (one of the top Psychotherapists in Toronto) and we tape all of our sessions that LC's mentor then listens too for advice etc. I feel like I have 2 psychoanalysts now. I have agreed to work with her for a year and we shall see. I see her twice a week for 45 minutes a session. So far so good. More details as they become known to me. I think that once I've wrapped my head around my goals of this, it will serve me well to write them down here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails