Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

34 Pieces

I read about this blog called 34 Pieces about a woman who has 34 pieces in her wardrobe and uses them to dress. She added in some extras like shoes etc. but her 34 pieces encompass the following:
3 formal items (1 dress, 1 skirt, 1 pair of pants)
3 t-shirts
3 shirts
3 short sleeve shirts
4 sweaters
2 pairs of short pants
3 sleeveless tops
3 denim items (2 pairs of jeans and a pair of overalls)
4 dresses
1 skirt
5 top layers

Although I do not like her style at all. (The thought of overalls these days makes my skin crawl!) I do like the idea of pair down to the bare minimum. She seemed to have great success. Am I ready to do it??? NO! But it has given me some food for thought.

A starting list of my 34 items (for fall winter) would be:

2 pairs of jeans (dark denim, 1 one size smaller than the other, both straight leg)
2 pairs of black pants (one for heels, one for flats)
2 dresses (both Diane von Furstanburg wraps - one black, one navy and white)
2 skirt (black pencil skirt, dark denim pencil skirt)
4 (2) twin sets - 4 pieces (one charcoal grey, one black from Brooks brothers, cashmere)
2 white shirts (one plain button down, one Ann Fountain tuxedo shirt with black trim)
3 white t-shirts (one v-neck, one round neck, one scoop neck)
2 sweaters (one black v-neck cashmere, one pink cashmere)
2 blazers (one black, one grey - single breasted, fitted)
1 suede jacket (baby blue suede with a ruffle on the collar and cuffs)

so that to date is 22 items. Ihaven't included any accessories, coats or shoes. I figured in my thinking that those are all above the 34 items. I think that I may take some initiative and pair down this weekend. We shall see. Not to 34 peices (that is just ridiculous) but some pairing down will be good for me.
Princess

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails