Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Breakfast on the go - Luna Bars

I think that I may have found a really good alternative to breakfast - the Luna Bar. I just ate my first one flavoured "Nutz Over Chocolate" and it was delicious. Some things that the Luna bar has going for it:
  • its 70% organic
  • they do not use artificial sweeteners
  • its got 10 g of protein, 3 g of fibre and has a low glycemic index
  • It has only 180 calories (apparently all of the them only have 180 calories)
  • 4.5 grams of fat (13%)
  • 25 g of carbs

It is the first "meal replacement bar" that is actually really tasty. I picked it up at Target this weekend and it is lovely and yummie. All that for $1. I also picked up the Caramel Nut Brownie one, that I will eat tomorrow.

I think that these could be not only a good breakfast substitute, but also a really good snack food to have in my handbag. As I have a major problem with blood sugar, and I usually get to busy to eat regularly, this could be perfect. I find that if I don't eat then I get headaches, the shakes, nauseous, all in all not good at all. This might be the perfect thing to carry in case I miss lunch etc. I can't wait to try the other one. They have some other more breakfasty flavours, but really who can resist 180 calories and chocolate to boot?????

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails