Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Sunday, June 1, 2008

NaBloPoMo - a new adventure for June

Last November I think I blogged for a whole month everyday. It was a challenge. I found it quite difficult. There was not theme, it was just a "blog every day challenge". I got the alert yesterday that the challenge for June is on the theme of "home". My mind started to race, so many options, so little time. First I decided to look up the definition of "home" on Miriam Webster and found the following:

1 a: one's place of residence : domicile b: house
2: the social unit formed by a family living together
3 a: a familiar or usual setting : congenial environment; also : the focus of one's domestic attention b: habitat
4 a: a place of origin ; also : one's own country b: headquarters 2
5: an establishment providing residence and care for people with special needs
6: the objective in various games; especially : home plate
— at home
1: relaxed and comfortable : at ease
2: in harmony with the surroundings3: on familiar ground : knowledgeable

The options are endless. Some thought that I have had for following the general theme are:
  • to just write about what ever I feel like, related to home: family, friends, feelings on things, etc.
  • decor thoughts and feelings. I am a big decor freak. I could source and find pics of decor that I love and post them daily. Its not a bad idea, but I don't know if I have enough time and 30 pics to post that I love.
  • i could easily do a "home" buy of the day which would really easy
  • I thought that I might list a home a day that I would in a heart beat if I could afford it. This could be really fun. I have been know to spend some time perusing the real estate sites of the rich and famous looking at 12 bedroom brownstones on the upper west side of NYC and palatial ranches in Vail not to mention flats in London and Paris that I would sell my first child for. This could be an exercise in over indulgence......

The bottom line is that I am not sure what this is going to look like, I think maybe a zen attitude is going to have to be adapted. I will be one with this.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails