Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A princess responding in a crisis!

Please excuse my ego swelling in the next post.....Sometimes my abilities to respond and be in control in a crisis amazes me. This morning at 8am the boot and I were crossing the street to catch the bus when a man on a motorcycle was hit by an X3 BMW SUV. He stumbled around and was quite out of it when he sat down on the ground and then leaned down and was obviously in shock. I immediately ran over (shall we say quickly hobbled over) and knelt down beside him and held his head, in his helmet in my hands and started to talk to him and do all of the First Aid things for him. Check the vitals, make sure that 911 is called, get his details, find out where he is injured, what his name is etc. I talked and talked and talked, made sure his eyes stayed open and he kept chatting with me until the ambulance got there. I did a great job and felt great about it. I could not be happier with how I did. I can't believe it. The adrenaline is still pumping through me. I am on a high. I really am very pleased with myself. After he was whisked away in an ambulance many of the people praised me for my response and said what a good job I had done. I thought that I had done a great job and didn't mind taking some praise for it. Well done Princess. Keep up the good work.

One little princess, making the world a better place, one poor injured motorcycle driver at a time......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails