Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ultimate Wedding Gift

I need a really awesome wedding gift for the Colombian wedding, and I am stumped. I love to give good gifts and I am good at it. One of my good male friends has said that I may be the best gift giver he knows. People call me for suggestions, I am the queen of gift giving. But the wedding gift is interesting. To buy or not buy off the registry. I know that they want something on the registry, but I really don't want to buy the happy couple the 4 face clothes and 2 king size 300 count Egyptian cotton pillow cases in plain white that they are hoping for from Bloomies. So this is where I stand. What do get the Colombian couple??? Here are some preliminary ideas:
  1. A year long subscription to MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) or MET- they live in NYC, I love the MOMA and the MET, and they love art. I could do this with a large coffee table book with the two year long passes to the MOMA and MET. I was on the website and saw that it would include free admission, special entry to screenings, discounts at restaurants and stores at the MOMA etc. Not a bad gift I don't think.
  2. A year long subscription to the Guggenheim - the thing that I like about this is it is really similar to the above, but it is available at any Guggenheim, Los Vegas, Venice, Berlin, Bilboa)
  3. Artisans Cheese of the Month Club - Who would not love having a pound and a half of artisan cheeses delivered to their door every month. There are tons of websites. I have to do some more research, but I found this one and it looks awesome.
  4. Wine for the 1st, 5th and 10th Anniversary - I love this idea. A bottle of wine for the couple to drink on their first, another on their fifth and another on their tenth anniversary. I actually had a good friend register for wine for her wedding (They were both investment bankers and didn't need anything, so this was perfect for them. they worked with a somelier in NYC and you chose a vintage and guy helped pick the wines for them. Such an awesome idea.)
  5. Some sort of wine tasting, cooking, cheese tasting class and cook book - I love this for a shower. I am not sure how it will do for a wedding. Still need to do some research in NYC. I'll have to see.

All in all, I'm looking for some ideas. Anyone have any???? Desperate times call for asking for help. HELP, ANYONE???????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post!! Well, thanks for sharing such a wonderful ideas about wedding gifts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails