Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Book Review - Hungry Girl - Recipies and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Freee Eating for the Real World



I was quite excited about buying this book this summer. I had read some really cute things about it and thought that it would be great. My mother gave it too my for my birthday (saved me from wasting the $20!). I am appalled by it. I am trying to reduce the amount of processed foods that I am eating, not increase them. Every recipe calls for processed something, whether it is Pillsbury Reduced Calorie Cake mix or Crystal Light. I am so disappointed. I was hoping for good quick ideas that were low in fat and healthy, but also fun and not all processed. I will likely not make anything from the book. Quite upsetting. She does have a cute website that has some cute ideas, but even there they are all really processed foods. It is an interesting to see all of the low fat processed stuff, but I would much rather hit my farmers market rather than my freezer aisle, wouldn't you????

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails