Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lola and Gigi

I found the absolutely cutest online boutique ever. It also has a showroom that I visited today in Toronto. The store is called Lola and Gigi and the owner is named Laura. I saw a fabulous dress on her website on Saturday by Thien Le that I loved. I e-mailed her with some questions and she got back to me right away, as in Sunday!!! So efficient it was crazy.

Anyway, I went up to visit her today in her showroom to look at the dress and also see what she was all about. She is FABULOUS. So much fun. She has a great space with husband up there. It is really a distribution for her online store, but she has all of her clothes there. She is trying to bring in some new designers and make dressing for people that are over a size 12 not such an ugly endeavour. I was thrilled with some of her stuff. She has struck some unique deals with some neat Canadian designers to do some neat plus size stuff for her boutique.

There was a fabulous rack of sale items at the store and I bought this great jacket. by Momo. When I saw it on the website I did not think that I would like it, but I put it on in the store and It is super cute. With jeans and a white t-shirt in the fall it will be adorable. the black chiffon trim on the hem of the sleeves and the bottom is so cute!!! Check out the ruffles on the back. Could they be any cuter??? It came with a sash, which may be too much. It is an interesting thing that designers of "plus" size apparel try and do - put as many fashion things onto everything as possible to hide the fact that the person wearing it is fat. No such luck. If your fat, your fat. The ruffles, sash, gold chain, sparkle, sequins, etc. is not going to help.
I also bought these fantastic Svoboda Trouser Jeans. Laura didn't have the 16 long in, but she promised me they would be in the mail today. I loved them on. they are quite high waisted and way more formal than the Paiges that I wear the whole time. I really like them and Laura assures me that my ass looks great in them. They also were not expensive at $135. I am excited to wear them this weekend.



I would highly recommend checking out the website and visiting the store if you are in Toronto and wear over a size 12. She has great stuff and is super cute. I had a great visit and can't wait to do it again in a month or so when she gets some new stuff in! Congrats Laura on a great little business. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the next few months and years.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails