Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Friday, October 24, 2008

The Performance Review Conundrum - An update

So I had my performance review yesterday and I was semi-truthful about the whole semi-truthful about the drugs that I was taking and the mental and physical state that I am in. I was not honest about the fact that I have been dealing with a case of relatively severe depression this year and am trying to deal with that with a round of Cipralex and therapy. But I was honest about the Topamax that I am taking for my migraines and more importantly the side effects that it has, most importantly the concentration factor. I was honest about the fact that I lack concentration on all sorts of levels and I have been struggling with it. He was very sympathetic and OK with that.

It felt good to have the conversation and to be perfectly honest gave me a bit of flexibility in the way that I can now deal with things with him and have a bit more of an open conversation with the people that I work with. I can open up with my superior about my head a bit more and have him be a bit more supportive. I am very happy that I did it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails