Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere

I was struck recently while walking through Holt Renfrew in Toronto, by a scent that was familiar and classic, yet new and fresh. I could not figure it out. It reminded me of my Great grandmother, but wasn't as heavy, was fresher and cleaner and softer.

Little did I know that my lovely nose was exactly right - a softer version of Chanel No5 called Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere. I have always found the original Chanel No 5 too heavy, too old and too "bubby-ish". It reminds me of closets full of woman's clothes that were out of bounds, filled with fabulous shoes and even better handbags. The kind of smell that I reminds me of sneaking lipstick and eyeshadow out of my grandmothers changing table, thinking that she wouldn't notice. My mother never wore Chanel No. 5. She was never old enough I always thought. She had me when she was 20 and it was just too old of a scent, so it is always associated with my grand and great grandmother.

Anyway, I sprayed some of the Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere on my wrists to make sure that it doesn't give me a migraine today at the drug store and I think that I am in love. It is light and beautiful and just musty enough to evoke a classic old world fabulousness.

I think that I know what treat I may be buying myself this weekend as a little pick me up. In this world of "hard economic times" can a girl find joy in one bottle of perfume and get away with it? I think this Princess might have found some joy in this little bottle........

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails