Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Monday, December 1, 2008

Nablopomo - Daily Blogging in December on Thanks

I was thrilled to see my monthly announcement come in this mornings e-mail for this months theme for Nablopomo being Thanks. Nablopomo is "National Blog Posting Month" that was I think started a few years ago as a bit of a trial in November to see how many bloggers actually write everyday on their Blogs in November if they were challenged to do it. I did it last year and it wasn't easy. It was actually rather stressful remembering to do it and being on top of it all the time. It also became a little taxing on the creativity!!!

One thing that did come out of last years challenge is that I have received an e-mail every month, at the end of the month, telling me what the theme is for the following month. It always nudges me to participate. I have been reluctant to participate for a variety of reasons and this time was not different, the time commitment, my new blog for the 1001 challenge, the stress, it's December, the holidays, the time, the stress.......... Then I saw the theme - THANKS. What a perfect theme. In these hard economic times, what a perfect thing to blog about, but the things that I am thankful for. I can't imagine a better theme. Thank you Evan (the original founder of the concept). What a great thing to be thinking of over this month.

Just off the top of my head, I am struggling with how I am going to write about thanks and some thoughts that I have are:
  • to write 5 things every day that I am thankful for. Basically at the end, I would end up with a huge list of things.
  • to write about 1 thing a day that I am thankful for. Spend some time thinking about it and write a paragraph or two about why it is important to me
  • think about recognition for thanks and how it plays out for people with others
  • look at different types of gratitude and thanks

Anyway, I am into thinking about how this is going to manifest itself. For now, I am just absorbing that I am taking on this challenge. I have to say that I am over the moon happy that I got my remote mobile blogging working last month, as over the holidays, I am going to need it!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails