Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Today's Thanks - The Friend Network Connection

Today's thanks is difficult. I got some bad news today that quite a good friend of mine has just been diagnosed with Soft issue Sarcoma Cancer. It would be easy today to be thankful for friends, my health, luck etc. All of which I am thankful for, but what I am most thankful for today, is the friend who told me.

I am thankful that we have such a close knit network of friends that I was at a friends tonight, who sat me down and told me that J had cancer. We chatted about it and then I asked who I could call. I made 3 phone calls and will make a few others tomorrow. This is how this works. Soon enough the whole crew will know and we will all lock into help.

I will call J tomorrow and see how he is doing. I will also call my crew of friends and see how we can mobilize a team to help. I am so lucky to be able to help J and have this group that I can call on and really feel like I am making an impact.

Today I am truly thankful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails