Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Today's Thanks - New Friends

Today I am having dinner with a new friend. Someone that I have just 2 months ago. I am so excited. It is so rare to make new friends as an adult that I feel privileged to make a friend, especially one that wants to spend time with me so quickly and have dinner. He is super sweet and I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to go and spend some time with him.

I also, unbeknown to him, have an alternative motive. I am going to ask him to set me up with some of his straight friends. He is a very wonderfully fun gay man, and I am sure that he must have some fun straight friends. I also feel like because he has not known me for a long time, there is no history. He only knows me as the new me. Not the me from years ago. Only the me of today. The me that is the me of now. I like that idea. I like that our relationship is not filled with baggage. It feels somewhat cleaner and better. I hope that he feels the same way. We shall see.

I do feel incredibly blessed to have made a new friend and today that is what I am truly thankful for.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails