I recently went through an experience of meeting someone through Twitter that I was really looking forward to meeting in person and potentially having more than a friendship with. (For more information on the “gentleman” please see posts such as “Regretting recent decisions about my blog and a New Disclaimer” and “Maybe he’s scared”.) When the “gentleman” put a stop to things a few weeks ago, for whatever reason (I wrote about him on my blog, I think he needed another excuse), I have realized that I had a lot of plans in the works for us (or any boy really) that I would date that make me fabulous. Now particular for you “gentleman” I have tailored the list of “Ten things that suck for You about not Dating Me”:
1) I am a pretty friggin cool girl. I love to have fun. I am caring and nice and empathetic and wonderful. You, my friend, are missing out.
2) Knowing your obsession with stockings, fabulous garters and spectacular lingerie etc. I had spoiled myself (and you) at Secrets and Lace. www.secretsandlace.com The stuff has arrived, it is gorgeous, and I feel fabulous and sexy in it.
3) I love to cook for people. It is one of my favourite things. Too bad so sad. I had a cocktail hour planned for our first meeting. Champers, lovely appetizers, you already told me what you were going to wear and I knew what I was going to wear. It is so sad. The Foie Gras terrine is going to have to be used on another boy…..
4) I am smart. Not as smart as you in some areas, but smart. I could keep you busy and entertained. Plus, little did you know that we share many of the same political views. Just saying.
5) I am currently embarking on 15 days at the Ritz Carlton in Jamaica, boyfriends, husbands included and paid for ……
6) I am the perfect gift giver. I had purchased you lovely cobalt and platinum montblanc cufflinks (which I have now returned) and a pair of silver inukshuk cufflinks (which I am keeping) Your fave colour and a bit of Canadian to make you feel a bit special in the middle of winter. By-the-by they were both fab.
7) I have access to Superbowl Tickets and I know how much you love football. Not that it matters, but I also have access to condos in Miami on the beach. Sounds like the perfect Feb long weekend no??
8) I love to spoil boys, by buying them things, but especially in bed. It makes me happy when they are happy.
9) I really love to explore life and want to find someone to do that with. Whether that be, eating, drinking, theater, shopping, new art exhibits, walking around a new city or the city where I live, these are things that excite me and that i want to share with someone else.
10) I am awesome!
At the end of this list I find myself sad that I am not sharing myself with someone. I find myself sad that I am not sharing my plans with "gentleman" as I was really excited to do that. I also realize that he is missing a lot too. I am a great person. I deserve a lot. I deserve someone who wants to spend time with me. Who wants me to spoil them. Who wants me to share things with them. #thatisall.
Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!
Thanks for stopping by,