Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Friday, January 22, 2010

2010 so far

We are officially 3 weeks into the new decade and I find myself jobless, single, depressed and frozen.  10 days ago I lost my job.  I know that I have written earlier that I was not happy about my job and that I wished to find a new focus, career, employment, but I never thought that it would come in this form, this quickly.  I thought that I would have until the end of the spring, but somehow things turned out differently for me.

I had worked for the same firm for the last 9 years and have understood clearly that I am very strongly defined by my job.  More defined than I want to be.  It is difficult when you do not have a partner/spouse or children to find yourself not defined by your job.  When others are talking about their happiness at home, I have had my job to define me.  Now that is not there anymore I feel lost.

I am very sad today. I am not sure how this will play out.  Right now I take every day as it comes.  This will be an opportunity to work on my mental health, to work on my physical health and to figure out what I want to do with my life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails