Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Creating a "chosen family."

In 59 minutes, I turn 35. I have no family of my own. Yes I have parents, two sisters, a brother in law, a soon to be brother in law, a niece and a soon to be born niece. I am blessed many times over in that regard. What I don't have, and want more than anything, is a family of my own. A husband, his family, our children, my own life. I have been freaking out a bit over the last little while that I don't have any of this and not only that, I am no where close to it. I have also become aware that there are people in my life who are craving family and acceptance as well.

I think that I will start to build my own family. I'm not talking, husband etc., but a group of people who are not necessarily my closest friends, some I anticipate I will only have met through twitter, others will just need to know that I am here and they are there. Sometimes knowing that is enough to feel wanted and loved and valued.

So this little project begins. My friend Steven is the first one that's getting a message asking him if be will join my chosen family. No expectations. No judgement. Just love and acceptance when and where you need it.

1 comment:

Amy K said...

Happy Happy Birthday Princess Stephanie!

It is so hard when we are without the family that we dream of or hoped for... I know from the losses I have experienced that dreams get broken, but we can create new ones.

I love that you are choosing a family. My 35th year is coming to a close soon and I never imagined I would be "in the place" that I am in... putting together new dreams is part of the process.

I applaud your efforts to create a family!

Lots of love and birthday wishes,
Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails