Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Some days I'm really envious of...

The ability to feel envy is such an ugly trait that humans have.  I am amazed by its power.  I really try not to feel envious of things but some days I can't help it.  It creeps up on me when I least expect it and it is always about children and babies.

I have never been envious of peoples lives, there relationships, money, stature etc.  I was brought up believing that "there is always someone with a bigger house, better job, more money than me".  What that didn't include were people, children, family and love.  Those are where the evil envy comes to the surface and always relatively out of the blue.

TOday was one of those days.  I found myself shocked this afternoon to be in tears at a major intersection filled with strollers.  I just couldn't deal.  All of these people and couples with babies and children and at the end of the day families.  I am not proud of how i felt, nor am I proud to be writing about it here, but it was and is a raw and real emotion.  

To read an excellent view point on Envy, please visit the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy's article on Envy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails