Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

the unused kitchen

I love to cook. I have a cookbook collection that would make you drool, from the old standards of Julia Child and the Joy of Cooking, to newer classics by Nigella Lawson and Jamie Kennedy, but some of my favorites are the obscure ones. Ones like Hot, Sour, Sweet Salty (travels through Southeast Asia through cooking), or one of the number of cupcake cook books I have amassed recently. I love spending hours reading them, pouring over every detail, wondering where I can make the dishes to take to people. I love it. I think that I may have to put together a Top 10 list of my fave cookbooks soon.

Anyway onto my unused kitchen....
I never have time to cook for myself. I find it difficult. I am exhausted by the time I get home. I also find it difficult to cook for one person. Am I the only single girl who has this problem??? I have all of the accoutrement - the KitchenAid mixer (pink of course), the excellent knife set, the convection oven, the silpats, the tools are not what is holding me back. The time and energy is. I hate it. I throw out enough food to feed a small country. Maybe there is a class for this kind of disability.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails