Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cipralex - an aid perhaps????

i did it. after many years of being an on again, off again, state of depression, i met with my doctor today, and under the advice of my therapist and the doctor, i am going to go on an anit-depressant - Cipralex.

cipralex is an anti-anxiety, anti-depression, anti-OCD drug. how fantastic. it fits all my three areas of issue - most importantly the depression and anxiety. it also can be taken safely with Topamax, which i think that i will start taking after my next visit with the neurologist. Topamax is a proactive drug used to treat migraines. i have decided to go on it also. i can't wait to get all this under control.

apparently it takes 2-4 weeks for the cipralex to start working, so i looking forward to it. side effects are apparently the worst at the beginning. i'll let you know how it goes.

only down side that i know of currently is that can't take my reactionary migraine meds for now - axert, without a slew of weird side effects. the pharmacist recommended that i make sure that i am at home if i have a migraine where i need to take it. i am going to try and avoid it if i can. the thought of muscle spasm, quivering etc. makes me nervous......

1 comment:

Technodoll said...

This fellow migraine sufferer has found a OTC med that is better than any prescription she's ever had... one small dose stops the worst migraine dead in its tracks, I couldn't believe it.

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/Solpadeine-Migraine-Tablets-x24.html

No idea why these work better than the ibuprofen & codeine tablets I take, but they do.

Hope your new meds work well and the side effects are minimal- please keep us posted :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails