Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Saturday, August 23, 2008

An Ode to Patrick Demarchelier


I am off to Europe at the end of October hopefully for 10 days in London and as of today maybe a jaunt in Paris. I am on the dock at the lake reading one of my guilty pleasures - British Vogue - and I see that they are having and exhibition of one of my absolutely favorite fashion photographers ever, Patrick Demarchelier.

He has taken so many of the iconic shots of Fashion in the last 30 years it is amazing. As I read through the article on him, I am again reminded of his fabulousness.

I would also like to put out a huge KUDOS to Vogue for how they did this article. It would have been very easy for them to simply have tooted their own horn about all the fabulous and iconic work that he has done for them over the years, but instead they spoke to many of the people that have worked with him over the years and asked them their impressions. Quotes from Mario Testino (photographer), Amber Valletta and Christy Turlington (models), Lucinda Chambers (Vogue Fashion Director) and on and on. Between the photos and the quotes an amazing article and ode to M. Demarchelier.

I will have to post some of his photos when I get back to a computer. For now I am going to have to see about getting to the Petit Palais, Musee des Beaux Arts in Paris. It's on from September 29 until January 4. An absolute must see in my books.

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails