Thanks for visiting my little blog, Please note that this is my online diary, thoughts & feelings expressed on this blog are mine & mine alone. I hope that you will take the time to comment & tell me what you think about the things that I write. If you do not wish to know what I am thinking in my tiny little head then please do not read on, but I will not apoloize for my spelling (although I'm trying to be better!) or my posts!

Thanks for stopping by,
Princess Steph

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fashion Event Dilema

I have my second fashion dilemma this year. First the wedding this summer and now an event on the first of November. It is the largest Aids Fundraiser in Canada and is quite the affair. The whole event mixes Fashion, Music and Art in one venue and it is totally over the top! I have been involved with the event for over 12 years as a volunteer and have attended as a guest for the last 2 years. I am excited about this year especially as it has a great theme: Alfred Hitchcock meets Paris is Burning.

If you haven't seen or heard of Paris Burning, don't fear, neither had I. It is this awesome underground phenomenon that occurred in the '80's in New York City in the underground gay scene. The easiest way to describe it is that groups of fashion "houses", sort of like fashion gangs, competed in elaborate but impromptu cat walk shows. The crowd would then cheer for the winner and they would be awarded a trophy. if you search on You Tube under "Paris is Burning" you can watch clips. It is fascinating.

I haven't watched many Hitchcock films, but I am working on it. Rented North by Northwest and Rear Window. I have in the past watch parts of Birds and hated it, so I am hoping that the others are better. I am not into horror films. I hate them.

I now have the challenge of what to wear. This event is full of fabulous gay men and fabulous men are going to be all decked out in full costumes. I can't compete. I think that I will end up wearing a fabulous dress and some good shoes. Of course these shoes are going to have to be flat, thanks to Amelia Ankle. f+++ing Amelia Ankle. Anyway, I may call on Coco to help me. She was so fab with the wedding dilemma. Let's see how I do on my own in the next little while. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I do have a million things to wear in my closet, but we are not going to talk about those are we......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails